How to get there
On foot or by bike
Are you living or working in the close proximity of Capitole Gent? Then coming on foot or by bike is the right choice to avoid traffic delays and parking problems.
The bicycle services in Ghent are bundled in De Fietsambassade Gent.
By tram or bus
Capitole Gent is located next to the square Woodrow Wilsonplein, where the ‘Gent-Zuid’ bus station is situated. Trams and buses, operated by De Lijn, stop right in front of the theatre. De Lijn schedules.
Keep in mind that returning home by train after an evening event is often not possible anymore. So please check in advance if a smooth travel homewards will be possible. Or try combining your outward journey with carpooling for your ride home.
The closest train station to Capitole Gent is Gent-Dampoort, which is a short walk away (20 minutes) from the venue. The bus lines 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 76 and 78 departing at Gent-Dampoort have a stop in front of Capitole Gent.
The main station of Ghent, Gent-Sint-Pieters, is located at a 30 minutes walking distance from the venue. A variety of bus lines passing the Capitole is available here as well: lines 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 76 and 78. A bus ride from Gent-Sint-Pieters to Capitole Gent will only take around 12 minutes.
Low Emission Zone from 1 January 2020
To improve air quality, Ghent’s inner city (the area within the ring road R40) will become a Low Emission Zone (LEZ) on 1 January 2020. Only vehicles that meet the conditions for admission will be allowed into this zone. Avoid being fined and check whether you can enter the LEZ zone with your vehicle.
CAUTION – If you drive directly into the parking lot of Interparking Gent Zuid (according to the address Woodrow Wilsonplein 1), you will not enter the LEZ. If you drive to the door of the theatre or past the building, you will be in the LEZ.
The Circulation plan divides Ghent into 6 sectors: Tolhuis, Portus Ganda, Krook, Coupure, Brugse Poort and Rabot. If you want to go from one sector to another, you have to use the ring road R40. Capitole Gent is located in the Krook sector, but for those who come by car via the motorway, nothing changed. You still drive via the fly-over, the long bridge from the E17 to the ‘Zuid’ / King Albert park, direction Capitole and the Interparking Zuid just in front of the door.
Capitole Gent is located on the Graaf Van Vlaanderenplein 5, 9000 Ghent. Near the theatre you can park at
- Interparking Zuid, Woodrow Wilsonplein 1, 9000 Ghent
Other Interparkings in Ghent are:
- Interparking Kouter, 9000 Ghent
- Interparking Center, Korte Meer 22b, 9000 Ghent
All Interparkings are open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Parking and electric charging
Above ground: Graaf van Vlaanderenplein 11, 9000 Ghent (within walking distance of the venue)
- 2 parking spaces; electric charging station from Allego
- you pay parking fees, because these parking spaces are in the red zone
- a fixed rate of 0.31 euros/kWh applies to these charging stations
- you can load and pay once via the Smoov-app
- you can also buy a (free) charging card at Plugsurfing; these charging cards work on all charging stations placed by Allego and also give you access to more than 30,000 charging points throughout Europe.
More info on the site Paalvolgtwagen.
If you make use of other charging station operators, it is best to check whether the charging station pass can be used with all charging stations and which rates apply.
Underground: Interparking Gent Zuid, Woodrow Wilsonplein 1, 9000 Ghent (within walking distance of the venue).
- 2 parking spaces (W1-401 and W1-402) on the floor -1, at the parking entrance
- rate: 1 cent per minute of loading, with a maximum of 5 euros per 24 hours; after 24 hours of loading, the rate per minute starts to run again
Parking for visitors with a disability
Above ground: Hubert Frère-Orbanlaan 1, 9000 Ghent
- 2 parking spaces 200 metres from the venue
Underground: Interparking Gent Zuid, Woodrow Wilsonplein 1, 9000 Ghent
- 3 parking spaces
- Elevator at the Administrative Centre on the Woodrow Wilsonplein; follow the signs for the elevator in the car park.
Don’t miss the start of the show
Depart well ahead of time so you don’t miss the start of the show due to road works or traffic jams along the way! We cannot guarantee latecomers that they will still be able to attend the first part of the show. Consult the traffic information by radio or via the websites below.
Need a rental car? Call Europcar!
Are you looking for a rental car to travel to and from our venue? Our partner Europcar offers a wide variety of vehicles at very attractive rates.
Check out www.europcar.be for more information.